Toontrack - Superior Drummer 3
Sculpt and Shape your drums without creative restraints with Superior Drummer 3
Superior Drummer 3 puts you in control, and gives you all the tools you need at your disposal to make virtually any sounding drum you can think of. Building on the legacy of its predecessor, Toontrack have redesigned Superior Drummer 3 from the ground up to utilise a completely new and improved workflow.
With a vast 230GB sound library, superior Drummer 3 offers a monumental amount of sonic variations. All samples are meticulously recorded at Galaxy Studios in Belgium, a space famed for having only 14 dBA of environmental noise - literally one of the quietest recording spaces in the world! Renowned production guru, George Massenburg, combined perfect acoustics, unparalleled recording technology and a wealth of experience to make this one of the most comprehensive, detailed and expressive sample libraries ever released.
- 230GB+ of raw samples in 44.1KHz / 24-bit (over 12 times the size of SD2)
- 6 drum kit brands with 14 different kit configurations
- Ready for Surround playback (5.1, 9.1 and even 11.1!)
- 16 kicks and 25 snares to choose from
- Approximately 350 drum machine and electronic sounds
- 35 mixer effects
- Presets curated by the likes of Bob Rock, Andy Sneap, George Massenburg and more
- Advanced algorithm for tuning of drums and cymbals
- MIDI groove banks
- Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features
- Improved workflow and search functionality
- Scalable interface with keyboard shortcut support
- Customizable mixer layout
- Mic bleed: allow bleed-through from separate signals to add a more realistic sounding kit
- grid editor
- You can easily mix and match different drum sounds and different drum kits including acoustic and electro/drum machine sounds.
- You can use samples, loops and presets for on the fly writing or to build whole tracks including basic beats and complex fills and grooves.
- Recorded with an additional eleven separate room microphones set up in a surround configuration for a complete immersive experience
- Integrated offline audio to MIDI conversion
- Approx. 350 vintage and classic drum machine sounds
- New and improved scalable interface with detachable windows
- DAW automation for built-in macro controls
- Drag & drop and import for individual and third party samples
- Support for keyboard shortcuts
- Includes Six kits: Ayotte, Gretsch, Pearl, Premier, Ludwig, Yamaha
- Tom shell dimensions cover ranges from 6” to 20”
- Optional tool selection available on select kits and instruments (sticks, brushes, rods, felt mallets)
- Optional drum head selection available on select kits and instruments
- >Approx. 350 electronic drum sounds, sampled from vintage and classic drum machines
- 25 unique acoustic snares, 35 recorded configurations
- 16 unique acoustic kicks, 27 different recorded configurations
- 64-bit Windows 7 or newer, 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more recommended).
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, 64-bit Intel-based Mac with 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or
- more recommended).
- 64-bit host (with support for VST, AU or AAX). Standalone is included.
- SOFTWARE: Approx. 320 MB download + installation space.
- SOUND LIBRARY: Basic install: Approx. 41 GB download and an additional
- 41 GB for the installation process. Complete install: Approx. 236 GB download
- and an additional 55 GB for the installation process.
- SSD install (optional): Approx. 236 GB pre-installed.